Wednesday 20 July 2011

A very memorable image...

So after viewing some of my favourite artworks/images, I had a flashback to an image that had stuck in my head from an advert in a magazine I saw over a decade ago. It's funny because I was surprised they used this image when I first saw it. I wasn't sure what it had to do with the brand "United Colors of Benetton". But it definately had the effect they wanted.. I was deeply thinking about it and the image is burned brilliantly into my mind. Of course years later when this image was a part of my life, I went on the search for it. I saw it in a different light. It was representing love and beauty in its purest form. Not that I didn't get that 'feeling' from the image the first time, but I can see how amazing this image is. How brilliant it is. How I wish they would re-release this 'campaign', because we need to see these images as beautiful, not something to look away from.
Ok so here is the image I am talking about....
















 I love, love, love it. 
Because it is love. Love is beautiful.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Jess WhoaMamma said...

You're right. That's Pure Love. A mother's Love. Beautiful, joyous love. Thanks for sharing this image, I don't think I'd ever seen it before, but it's something that will be sure to stay with me alwaysxxx