So here's to my Evangeline...
In 3 weeks she will be turning a year old. Where did that year go?!?
Well I tell you where it went...
- a whirl of therapies, assessments, meltdowns (from both myself and my son Jack)
- dealing with nappies and nappies and more nappies
- trying to get sleep and failing
- She was the one who would keep herself busy while I fed Liam and was dragged around by Jack
- She came along to every appointment and for the most part was well behaved
- She has let us experience all the 'normal' development and made us feel like first time parents all over again
- Her cute little scrunched up nose grin has melted my heart over and over again
- Her sleep started out great and then has gone down hill since teething... which means we get to sleep with her in our bed (which in someways I secretly love)
- She has grown so quickly and is the reminder I need that life flies by at break neck speed and that I need to slow down and enjoy every little thing, rather than rush to the next stage
Before Evangeline... I can't even imagine a time before Evangeline. It is like she has always been here. Although I do have a vivid memory of the 'big ultrasound' when I was 20 weeks pregnant with her.. The sonographer pointed to the screen and I just knew when I saw the 'burger' that she was a 'she'. "It's a girl" announced the tech and I squealed with delight, grasping my good friend Nic's hand. Nic and I both chimed together "Evangeline!". The tech looked up, surprised "You already have a name?". Indeed! Jack would've been an Evangeline. I had the name picked out for a few years. It means "Good news". And hell yeah, it was good news and she has been nothing but good news since.
Here is a shameless array of photos of my gorgeous baby girl. I am so blessed....