Sunday 12 June 2011

Vaccinations...

Just watched a segment on Australia's 60 Minutes about the debate on whether we should vaccinate our children or not. I can't believe it is even debateable! The pros clearly out weigh the cons, and even then I'm not sure what the cons are.... I mean I am sure there are a few cases of 'adverse reactions' as with any drugs/medications, but the possibility of diseases that have been pretty close to eradicated for decades now, coming back and taking the lives of many children, is a great reason for keeping up with immunisations.
The whole debate on whether vaccines cause Autism is laughable. And even if it did... I would rather a child with Autism than a dead baby. Now I can say that!!!!
I can't even imagine what those parents went through whose babies died of whooping cough. My heart aches for them. Watching their precious baby videos, seeing how healthy these little bubbas were and that within days they were on life support. One mum said "I would love to hear my baby cry again". And sure enough Evangeline cried tonight and I was so happy to hear it. Our babies, our children, are so precious. We need to protect them. We need to keep illnesses like Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Whooping Cough as dormant as possible, if not completely eradicated.
Just had to post this straightaway. It is something I'm passionate about.

No comments: